Issue: Jun 13, 2019
Upcoming Genealogical Events
- 15-17 June, 2019, Sacramento, CA Hyatt-Regency Hotel, 2019 International German Genealogy Conference Tracks include Advancing Your Research, Regional Focus, DNA/Technology, History & Culture and Eureka! Hosted by the Sacramento German Genealogy Society (SGGS) and the International German Genealogy Partnership (IGGP).
- 19 June, 2019, Westlake, OH Cuyahoga West Chapter Tom Neel, Director of the Ohio Genealogical Society Library in Bellville, Ohio, will speak at the June 19th meeting of the Cuyahoga West Chapter, OGS, in the Porter Room, Westlake Porter Public Library. Mr. Neel will present will be-Until Death Do Us Part-An Examination of Marriage & Divorce Records of the 1800s.
- 22 June, 2019, York Racecourse The Family History Show This year our team of experts will be providing Free Talks in two Theatres and will be manning our Free "Ask The Experts" stand where you can get free advice on your research.
- 25-30 June, 2019, Boiling Springs, NC Association for Gravestone Studies Conference The conference features lectures, demonstrations, exhibits, conservation and documentation workshops, classroom sessions, slide presentations, and guided cemetery tours.
- 6 July, 2019, Lafayette, Louisiana A round table Learn how to begin your genealogy search, bring your questions and meet others who are interested in research.
- 7 July, 2019, Eugene, OR Research Roundtable Do you have a research problem? A brick wall to scale? Not sure where to look next? Then come to a Research Roundtable where experienced researchers will offer advice on your research, for free, on the first Sunday of each month.
- 11 July, 2019, Germantown, TN How Do I Know My Sources are Good and My Research is Accurate? Join Kim Richardson as she discusses, What makes a source a "good" source? How do you know it's reliable? How do you evaluate your research to know that it is solid? Are you using good research plans? Documenting your findings well?
- 20 July 2019, Athens, Georgia FamilySearch Family History and Genealogy Expo We are excited to announce our featured Expo presentation is “Finding Your Ancestors During the Great Depression: CCC and WPA" presented by Pat Gordon.
- 14-17 August, 2019, Arlington, WA Northwest Genealogy Conference This premier regional conference will feature Thomas MacEntee, Angie Bush and Michael Strauss.
- 21-24 August, 2019, Washington, DC FGS 2019 Conference FGS 2019 offers a new full four-day format jam-packed with topics of interest to every genealogist. Whether you’re a beginner just starting to explore your family history or an old hand at research, the wide variety of new and inclusive topics offers something for you.
- 5 October, 2019, 2019, Marion, OH Women’s Home Presentation Women’s Home @ 1126 E. Center Street, Marion OH.
- 19-21 September, 2019, Helena MT 30th ANNUAL STATE GENEALOGY CONFERENCE Preserving The Past
- 20-21 September, 2019, Albuquerque, New Mexico Your Ancestors in New Mexico History Enjoy connecting your ancestors with some history and appreciate of how they may have lived and what events took place during their lives.
- 21 September, 2019, Downtown Denver CO Public Library Anatomy of a Military Pension Civil War Pension Files are filled with genealogical information but are often large and intimidating. This lecture will discuss methods used to organize, extract, and analyze the documents and data in a Civil War Pension File.
- 21 September, 2019, Mendota Heights, MN German Language Study Group At this open group meeting, we try to help others read the old German Script, while sharpening our own skills. Please bring any images you'd like help with on a flash drive so we can project it on a TV or overhead projector.
- 5 October, 2019, Woodstock, UK Family History Fair This venue has a generous flat exhibition area and ample car parking. The accessibility has been appreciated, and remarked upon, by both exhibitors and visitors alike.
- 8 October, 2019, Sidney, OH Shelby County Genealogical Society Secrets and Clues Hidden in the 1790-1840 U.S. Censuses presented by Amie Bowser Tennant. The US has taken a federal census since 1790 and they have been invaluable to your genealogy research. However, there are secrets hiding in nearly each one.
- 13 October, 2019, Alabama Department of Archives and History When the easy stuff runs dry Topics: Alabama Records & Migration: From Waldo Semon to Rosa Parks to Tallulah Brockman Bankhead; Selling Spirituous Liquor without a License and Other Wonderful Court Records; Finding Uncle John by Talking to the Neighbors; Dower, Dowry, and Detinue: Women and Their Men's Property
- 14-18 October, 2019, Salt Lake City, Utah British Institute Want a week of total immersion into British Isles Research? Join us and take your research capabilities to the next level. Apply the techniques and analytical skills you've learned in class at the world-renowned Family History LIbrary
- 15-19 October, 2019, Lincoln, Nebraska CzechoSlovak Geneaogical Society International Conference The aim of the Conference is to educate the attendees about their ancestors, by teaching them how to research who they are, where they lived, how they lived, what they enjoyed, and what they contributed to our way of life.
- 19 October, 2019, Surrey BC Finding Your Roots Conference Free all day event
- 2 December, 2019, Mayfield Heights, OH International Night Ethnic Traditions, Customs & Food – Open Forum. Mayfield Branch of the Cuyahoga County Library.
Are some of the above events out of date? Did you not find the event you were looking for?
For a full list of current events, check the links below:
United States Genealogical Event Summaries
Canadian Genealogical Event Summaries
Australian Genealogical Event Summaries
United Kingdom Genealogical Event Summaries
Ireland Genealogical Event Summaries
New Zealand Genealogical Event Summaries