Newsletters by Date
Issue: Oct 11, 2014
Genealogy HowTo - How To Sneak Past That Genealogy Roadblock
by Cindy Carman
Are you stuck on one particular family member in your Genealogical Research? Just can't get past proving their name, relationship or even a date? Here are some suggestions to help you sneak past that Genealogical Roadblock.
Ask Us - Canadian Genealogy Online - Part 8 - Ontario Research Resources
Part 1 of Canadian Genealogy Online contained a general overview of how to research your Canadian ancestors and gave several links to online records. It included a description of when Censuses began
to be recorded for each of the Canadian provinces and links to the online Canadian Census images and name indexes. Part 2 and Part 3 explored online resources for genealogy research in Alberta and British Columbia and Part 4, 5, 6, and 7 listed resources for Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador Research, and Nova Scotia Resources.
Today's topic investigates Ontario online resources for genealogy research. Also presented is a brief summary of the Ontario history and how it might affect your personal family history research.
Research resources for other provinces will be presented in future newsletters.
Just for Fun - Click Here for Humor
I don't suffer from stress. I'm a carrier.
Reviews - How to Archive Family Keepsakes by Denise May Levenick
reviewed by Cindy Carman
How to Archive Family Keepsakes answers the question of what to do with the boxes of family memorabilia that have been inherited by you or perhaps produced by you. It teaches one how to organize, catalog, and preserve family photos, heirlooms, and various kinds of genealogy records. Each chapter title begins with the word "Organize" and you will feel organized when you embark on her simple techniques of preserving the stuff of the past.
Upcoming Events - Upcoming Genealogical Events-
- 17-19 October 2014, RDS Dublin, Ireland: Back to Our Past Returns. A full lineup of the Association of Professional Genealogists Ireland Presentations Confirmed for this year, the 5th Annual National Genealogy Event. Visit their website for more information.
- 18 October 2014, Las Vegas, Nevada:Clark County Nevada Genealogical Society presents: Gena Philibert-Ortega and Jean Wilcox Hibben presenting: "Remember the Ladies: Finding Your Female Ancestors", "The Secret Lives of Women: Research Your Female Ancestors Using Sources They Left Behind", "Historical Societies: Bridges between People and History", and "The Devils in the Detail: Missing Minutiae Can Create a Lineage Limbo". For additional information, please visit http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nvccngs/FALL2014.pdf.
- 18 October 2014, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin:Wisconsin State Genealogical Society presents: Direct or Indirect Evidence: Sorting Out Your Genealogical Madness - speaker Jay Fonkert, CG. For additional information, please visit http://www.wsgs.org/upload/files/2014%20Fall%20Brochure.pdf or http://wsgs.org/
- 18 October 2014, Theale, Berkshire, UK:Berkshire Family History Society presents "The Early Twentieth Century: Conflict and Change". Go to http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/cms/Conference/ for more information.
- 18 October 2014, Dayton, Ohio: Montgomery County Chapter
of the Ohio Genealogical Society presents: 2014 AnnualGenealogy Conference. Download their brochure for more information. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohmontgs/2014flyer.pdf
- 18 October 2014, St. Louis, Missouri: St. Louis Genealogical Society presents Revisiting the Tough Spots: Delving Deeper into Familiar Territory, featuring David McDonald, CG, at Orlando Gardens, 8352 Watson Road. Go to www.stlgs.org for more information.